The perfect vegan ramen that’s so easy to make and requires one bowl. Made with a creamy miso broth that comes together in 30 mins and all you need is three ingredients.
Featuring a touch of spice from sriracha, that can be adjusted to your spice liking. This easy vegan ramen is so delicious and easy it tastes like it’s from a ramen restaurant.
I searched forever looking for a truly easy ramen that didn’t require a hundred ingredients just for the broth. This was inspired by Derek Sarno’s ramen recipe from Wicked Kitchen, as most of my dishes are, though with a few tweaks of my own.
You’ll want to use shittake mushrooms because of their flavor and texture. When I crisp them on the pan, I like to add another pan on top (cleaned of course) to push on top and squeeze the liquid out of them. This way they become less chewy and more meat-like.
Be sure not to boil the miso as to not lose the nutritional value. It’s a fermented product, so it’s a probiotic for your gut-loving bacteria. I whisk the miso paste at a low temperature so just to heat up the water enough to serve.
Easy Vegan Miso Ramen
Author Jenny Osipova | Date June 25th, 2019
- prep time: 10 mins
- cook time: 25 mins
- total time: 35 mins
- 2 servings plain ramen noodles
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 handful broccolini
- 1/2 tofu block, cubed
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- spring onion
- red chili
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C/ 392F and line a sheet pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, evenly coat the mushrooms, broccolini and tofu in 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 tbsp sesame oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- On medium-high heat, add the mushrooms to a pan. Refrain from sautéing, instead allow to cook on each side until golden brown. Once both sides are done, add to the baking sheet and spread evenly.
- In the same pan, crisp the tofu the same way as the mushrooms. Add to the baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Add the broccolini straight to the baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 mins.
- In a large pot, cook ramen noodles. Once noodles are cooked, strain from pot and add to bowls for serving. Lower heat and add 4 cups water, miso, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil and sriracha. Whisk the miso to break it apart. Tip: Don’t let the broth boil as it ruins the miso’s nutritional value.
- Once the tofu and veggies are crispy and finished roasting in the oven, add to serving bowls. Top with broth and extras like seaweed, spring onion, chives, chilli, white and black sesame seeds.
- Serving: 1 bowl
- Fat: 17 g
- Calories: 270
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Tag @theveganspell on Instagram if you made this recipe and let me know what you thought!